Day one of my hairdressing training was started not with anything hair related but how to provide a healthy and safe environment for your clients and your self. This was reiterated in my Trichology training also. Learning about controlled substances, risk assessment and hygiene.
I have always followed good practice rules regarding health and safety in the clinic and have a special license from the Royal Borough of Greenwich to practice. However, now more than ever these rules are so important. I have undertaken Barbicide certification on infection control, uniquely preparing to mitigate any risks and making a visit to the clinic as safe as can be. My commitment will be to provide you with a safe environment that complies with guidelines issued by the Government and our local authority.
We will provide you with a safe environment that complies with guidelines issued by the Government and our local authority.
- We have undertaken a thorough review of our clinic and performed a deep clean.
- We have reviewed our services and removed any that we feel are unsafe at this time.
- Only one client at a time will be seen in the clinic.
- PPE will be changed after each client and work area cleaned.
- Every surface will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate sanitiser between each appointment.
- All items of equipment will be disinfected before and after every service.
- Fresh towels and gowns will be used for each client.
- We will ensure adequate ventilation throughout the salon with doors and windows open where possible.
- In-salon consultations will be done at the styling station and via the mirror to minimise face-to-face interaction.
CLIENT ARRIVAL AND RECEPTION
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, you must pre-book
- We will stagger customer appointment times.
- We will greet you warmly but without a handshake or a hug.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry to the salon.
- Clients must minimise what they bring to the clinic as you will be asked to keep all belongings with you.
- We ask that clients attend their appointments alone.
- We ask that you pay using card or cashless means where possible.
WE ASK YOU, OUR CUSTOMERS TO
- Arrive at the time agreed to maximise social distancing.
- To wear the face mask provided by us as you enter the salon.
- To wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after each service.
- We will not be serving refreshments.
- To contact us and re-arrange your appointment, at no additional cost, if you have a temperature, or are feeling unwell; or if any person in your household is unwell or is self-isolating.
- Do not come to the salon if you or anyone you live with is unwell or self-isolating.
- We are happy to discuss any of your individual concerns, please feel free to call the clinic.
We reserve the right to amend or adjust these guidelines based on government policy and new research to protect the safety of all our staff and clients